Our athlete-training program is for serious minded athletes only.
If your child/teenager is looking to develop their overall athleticism, including their: speed, power, strength, muscular growth, endurance and mental toughness, then we may be a good fit for them.
From what we’ve seen and heard, most high school and middle school weight rooms are too crowded, under staffed and too generalized.
It is damn near impossible to have a customized program within a high school strength and conditioning program when there are 80+ kids there at any given time.
Throughout the years, we have also had many of our athletes tell us that their coach wants them to participate in team lifts at the school to build camaraderie.
And while that is all well and good and its good to comply, I can tell you that no camaraderie is being built when you have a packed, over crowded weight room. That is the exact environment that a teenage athlete will goof around in.
I have yet to see a group of teammates push each other and push each other hard in a high school weight room. There are just too many distractions. And usually what winds up happening is that they go just to be able to tell the coach they went.
But are they really getting better by doing that?
At Newell Strength, we:
- Customize everything to the unique individual athlete
- Closely monitor and coach each athlete throughout each session. There is never more than a 6:1 ratio of athletes to coach
- Will push our athletes outside of their comfort zone
- Provide monthly progress reports to YOU, the parent and any coaches that you wish to know how your child is doing and that they are in fact, training hard and investing to get better in themselves
- Keep the athlete engaged by continually updating their program so that they are always physically and mentally challenged
- Work on the mindset of each of our athletes, which many parents inform us is the best part of the program
Armed with that background knowledge, I would like to let you know that being accepted to train as an Newell Strength athlete is an investment in:
- Time. Yes, they will have to go a few minutes further to get here than they would by just walking to their high school weight room after school. And if they can’t drive yet, you will have to drive them or find a ride for them, so take that into consideration. (May be an ideal time for you to get a workout in too!)
- Money. Having your athlete train with us requires that you have an investment-oriented mindset. We have taken numerous athletes and helped them develop into scholarship collegiate athletes (In case you didn’t know, a college education can cost from $200,000 and up now a days).
- If they don’t desire to take the sport beyond high school, that’s fine too. But its an investment into the experience they are going to have in the present then. They can have an ‘average’ year or they can have a year in which they have maximized their potential, with memories to last a life time. Some would argue, including me, that the life time memories are much more valuable than even getting a scholarship.
And trust me, their coach will not care if they didn’t go the workout with the team as long as they show up and its evident that they have put the work in. (In fact, we have the Michael Jordan guarantee that if they don’t significantly improve from what you see on their progress report, we will refund your investment in full).
“Newell Strength has not only made me a great athlete, but a better person. I came to Kyle my sophomore year at a time where I was struggling. I was struggling to see improvement in my game, improvement in my gains, and improvement as an individual. By the time junior year came around, the way I approached everything in my life was different, and for the first time I really grasped what it meant to work hard. After about a year at Newell Strength, I was in the best shape of my life and became the strongest player on our team. I learned how to deal with adversity and difficult situations that most high-school athletes wouldn’t know how to deal with. And most importantly my game improved tremendously, and allowed me to have such a great year as an athlete. Kyle isn’t only a strength coach he is a life coach as well. When the going gets tough he teaches you how to turn the negative times in your life into positives. He can relate to anyone and everyone and has truly been through it all. Newell Strength not only gives kids an athletic advantage, but a mental one as well. I can honestly say if it weren’t for Kyle I wouldn’t be where I’m at today”. –Sr. LAX Captain, Anthony Stavrakis
We do not accept all athletes into our program. It is highly selective and exclusive. We cannot have more than 30 athletes on our client roster at any given time due to our packed schedule.
We require that our athletes have the correct attitude. I will determine this in their initial interview. There have been quite a few athletes that have not made it past this initial interview but we must protect the integrity of our athlete-training program at Newell Strength and one ‘bad mindset’ can affect the rest of the athletes.
If we are fully booked, we will place your athlete on a waiting list for when the next available spot opens up.
The first step would be to fill the application below out. I will review it and get back to you within 2 days. I will let you know an answer either way whether they are being accepted for the initial interview.
Lastly, we do not require that your athlete be a ‘division 1 prospect or a 5 star athlete’. We do work with some very high level athletes but we actually prefer to take the good athlete with the right attitude to the land of maximizing their potential.
Because we know it’s the skills they will learn from the process that will last a lifetime.
P.S-You get what you pay for. If price is an issue, I can recommend some more financially affordable facilities in the area.
To Begin the application for entry into one of our exclusive programs, please take a few minutes to fill out the form below: